Re: RADSAFE digest 3135

> I think the idea that there is a synergistic effect
> between continually doses of low lowel radiation and the rise of soft tissue
> cancers is an idea that needs to be considered

I agree that there should be studies to determine if there are
effects. I only suggest that there needs to be a well-defined Design
of Experiment development, and, that the study be as scientific as
possible. Those conducting the study need to have as little bias,
and, if done appropriately ands scientifically, let the chips fall
where they may.

If there is a consensus, then the next logical step is to assess the
risk/benefits from either continuing, or discontinuing a technology.
That is a decision each of us make every day when we step into a
shower, leave our home, drive our car on "death highways', etc. There
is risk all around us. We accept some risk, and as a country, the
risks we are willing to accept or reject needs a fair and impartial
hearing. That hasn't happened yet.

Sandy Perle					Tel:(714) 545-0100 / (800) 548-5100
Director, Technical				Extension 2306
ICN Worldwide Dosimetry Division		Fax:(714) 668-3149
ICN Biomedicals, Inc.				E-Mail: sandyfl@earthlink.net
ICN Plaza, 3300 Hyland Avenue  		E-Mail: sperle@icnpharm.com
Costa Mesa, CA 92626

Personal Website:  http://www.geocities.com/capecanaveral/1205