Re: RADSAFE digest 3135

>The only part of your note I want to dispute right now is "we don't put out
any trash". I would
>suggest that the nuke waste the gov't is trying to bury under yucca
mountain would fall under the catagory of "trash".

He didn't say the industry doesn't create aby trash - the "we don't put out
any trash" statement is quite correct. The waste you speak of is still
stored at each of the facilities where it was generated - this trash hasn't
been "put out" anywhere.

If the squabbling over the extraordinary protections designed into radwaste
storage are ever ended (and they will, eventually), THEN you can say that
the nuclear power industry is putting out its trash.