Re: background vs man-made emmissions

Thank you Tom,

You more eloquent that I was in my response.

One more point, nuclear medicine today utilizes short-lived
radionuclides, i.e., Tc-99m and Thallium isotopes. These replaced
the longer half-life radionuclides, such as I-131.

One further point to Norm and others who subscribe to their beliefs
... why would the half-life have anything to do with whether or not
there is adverse damage. The physical and effective half-life has
only to do with removal and remaining activity. How is that different
than a continual exposure of the same decay products and
energies. As far as I know, photon, beta, neutron and alpha energy
are the same, regardless of the source. A 140 keV x-ray is a 140
keV x-ray, no matter where it originated, and for as long as it
exists. Only the activity changes.
Sandy Perle					Tel:(714) 545-0100 / (800) 548-5100
Director, Technical				Extension 2306
ICN Worldwide Dosimetry Division		Fax:(714) 668-3149
ICN Biomedicals, Inc.				E-Mail: sandyfl@earthlink.net
ICN Plaza, 3300 Hyland Avenue  		E-Mail: sperle@icnpharm.com
Costa Mesa, CA 92626

Personal Website:  http://www.geocities.com/capecanaveral/1205