Re: background Vs man-made emissions

One of my previous comments regarding the replacement of I-131
for shorter half-life radionuclides was incorrect and misleading, as
was pointed out to me in recent e-mail. I should have been more
careful in my statement since I do know that I-131 is routinely used
in diagnostic as well as therapeutic applications. The discussion
on hospital waste disposal, contamination issues and patient dose
issues has been well covered here on Radsafe. So, I acknowledge
that mistake.

My point in the thread was that nuclear medicine applications
routinely use short-lived radionuclides. Therefore, to conclude that
damage is done from short-lived radionuclides emitted from a power
reactor is obviously an incorrect statement, and is used only in an
attempt to divert attention from the real issue .. that being that
there is in fact .. no issue with respect to power reactor emissions.
Sandy Perle					Tel:(714) 545-0100 / (800) 548-5100
Director, Technical				Extension 2306
ICN Worldwide Dosimetry Division		Fax:(714) 668-3149
ICN Biomedicals, Inc.				E-Mail: sandyfl@earthlink.net
ICN Plaza, 3300 Hyland Avenue  		E-Mail: sperle@icnpharm.com
Costa Mesa, CA 92626

Personal Website:  http://www.geocities.com/capecanaveral/1205