RE: fallout vs reactor emissions

Here is a quote from the What's Hot" section of the "UNPLUG" web page
regarding speakers at an upcoming event:
"Robert Alvarez will discuss the current climate for electric utility
deregulation and the dangerous effects deregulation could be having on
reactor safety in the nuclear power industry. Randy Snell will discuss ways
of seeking the truth about cancer clusters. And Joseph Mangano will discuss
both the Tooth Fairy Project and also discuss studies of health statistics
in areas after nuclear reactors close. Mangano has recently authored a study
that shows that cancers and infant mortality go down in these areas quite
soon after the closure of a nuclear power plant"

Questions:

(1) I could be wrong about this, but would not the population decrease
attributable to job loss following a nuclear plant closing affect the study
that "cancers and infant mortality go down in these areas quite soon after
the closure of a nuclear power plant"?  Certainly cancers and infant
mortality will decrease when the population drops!  Check the US Census
Bureau for population changes in the areas that Mr. Mangano speaks of and
see if this isn't so.

(2) What are the amounts of Sr-90 that "The Tooth Fairy Project" refers to?

(3) What kind of device are the baby teeth counted on, and how are these
prepared for counting?

(4) What is the count time of the teeth?

(5) Are there any other studies of children's teeth far away from any power
plants, or is it consistent throughout the world?  I do trust that the
Project gathered enough statistical data to support the claims made.

(6) Can Mr. Mangano provide the supporting documentation by reputable
sources that was "uncovered" for his study, or did Mr. Mangano gather all
the data himself?

(7) Can the results Mr. Mangano refers to be duplicated by others in an
un-biased manner?

 - Just applying a questioning attitude and the Scientific Method to the
so-called "studies".  Thank you for your time.  I must now get back to
reading about the latest natural gas line/tanker explosion that killed
bunches of people.  (I wonder what the 'effective half-life' of natural gas
is?)

Please note that the questions and comments posed are my own and do not
necessarily reflect those of my employer or any other person or entity,
alive or deceased.

"You can only be ignorant about something once."  - anonymous

Paul B. Pollan, RRPT
pbpollan@southernco.com