Unplug Salem, etc.

Now that we have had a short exchange of information with Mr. Cohen, perhaps
a few questions would be permitted.

Mr. Cohen, I presume from your posts that you are active in the movement to
shut down the Salem (and Hope Creek?) power plants.  I was wondering, when
you receive presumably scientifically sound information from this list and
other sources, do you transfer that new-found knowledge to your cohorts?  Is
there some exchange in which you say, "We were wrong about such and such, so
let's mark that off of our list of contentions."

Following on that, is there some quantity or quality of information that must
be presented to convince you that Salem and Hope Creek are, all things
considered, a good thing for Salem County and the surrounding area?  Is there
a single issue, or collection of issues, that we can clear up so that you go
back to all of these groups and say, "Well, we were completely wrong, I am
personally convinced that Salem is a good deal for the community and we
should support it."  Not that Salem is beautiful, or 100% without risk
(sorry, no such thing), but that the economic and social benefits outweigh
the possible detriments.  If so, let us know what that level of proof is.

Are you personally willing to hear and accept the science in lieu of the
nonsense?  Or are we really just wasting our time?

Lew LaGarde
e-mail - offtowy@aol.com