RE: RADSAFE digest 3143

At 11:36 01.05.2000 -0500, you wrote:
>> > Norm writes:
>>
>> ------- You are correct that they are not releasing any specific info. As
>> it was
>> explained to me, this is to limit criticism that samples are too small or
>> too
>> concentrated in one area or another.
>In other words, they don't want their study peer reviewed because they
>expect that their methods would not hold up to scrutiny by the scientific
>community.
>
>> I would
>> venture a guess that as they collect enough teeth from nuclear areas and
>> get them
>> analyzed, and that will take awhile, then they will look for
>> "non-nuclear",
>> control teeth. ---------------
>Think they will hold off on publishing their "conclusions" until after they
>analyze their "control" group?

I agree with you 100% and I have very similar reservations for the bias.
Therefore it is funny to read in your next posting that I am on your kill
file. I can only hope that you receive this message anyway.

I apologize that I could not find the word "mook" in my dictionary, but I
suppose that it is nothing friendly. Would you or other RADSAFErs enlighten
me and excuse my limited knowledge of English?

Best wishes,

Franz

Franz Schoenhofer
Habicherg. 31/7
A-1160 Vienna
Austria
Tel.: +43-1-495 53 08
Fax.: same number
mobile phone: +43-664-338 0 333
e-mail: schoenho@via.at

Office:
Hofrat Dr. Franz Schoenhofer
Federal Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry, Environment and Water Management
Radiation Protection Department (BMLFUW I/8 U)
Radetzkystr. 2
A-1031 Vienna
AUSTRIA

phone: -43-1-71172-4458