-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Muckerheide [mailto:jmuckerheide@delphi.com]

But seriously: It takes 1000 tons of coal/day, a mile-long train a day, to
run
a large plant. The mining/processing is high-energy; transportation;
crushing
coal is high-energy; providing scrubbers/materials/handling; then haul the
20%
left in "ashes," and the scrubber sludge; and processing and
converting/reclaiming.

Consider that we could have nuclear oil tankers, but NO!  Consider the fuel
burned by US Forces to keep the mideast oil supply open!

Only enrichment takes any meaningful energy in the nuclear fuel cycle/MWH,
and
if the anti-nukes hadn't prevented building nukes for enrichment, we
wouldn't
need that!

Regards, Jim