Re: Harsh, offences by simple questions out of curiosity,

>And guys, for the lst time - the Tooth Fairy Project is IN PROCESS. They
are not
>going to release numbers until the Project is finished and the report
written.
>This seems darn reasonable and scientific to me.

I'm afraid the Project has gotten ahead of you. Balwin and others (mostly
Baldwin, for his name-recognition I presume) are making public appearances
and stating that they've found a cause-and-effect link between nuclear
plants and a particular childhood cancer. They attribute it to the Sr-90
they claim to have found in baby teeth. They also continue to ask for more
teeth, but they are releasing analytical results and claiming to know the
cause of cancer in some areas (Long Island and Florida at the moment). They
claim the 1-17 pCi/gm of calcium they find in teeth today (TF Project data)
is comparable to the levels observed in similar measurements during the
heyday of atmospheric weapons testing. The criticisms regarding announcing
data and conclusions that have not been subject to the peer review process
are quite legitimate. To my knowledge the only presentation of the data in a
scientific forum was a reporting of data to a symposium in Italy in which
the analtyical results were presented, but methods and conclusions were not
subject to discussion.
Bob Flood
Dosimetry Group Leader
Stanford Linear Accelerator Center