tmi

I have Mr. Lewis's permission to post this on Radsafe. You'll probably
disagree with this posting, bit here's some thoughts from him on radiation
dispersion after the accident. Posting this as a response to the recent
article on TMI.

peace
norm

"Marvin I. Lewis" wrote:

>         Chauncey Kepford, Judith Johnsrud, Bill Lochstet and I had many
> conversations on the wy that the radiation was dispersed around TMI. The
> best that we could come up with was that the radiation plume went
> straight up around the plant, then came down and 'bounced.' The plume
> touched down at random and rose then touched down and repeated. This
> allowed the radiations monitor reading to be 'averaged' in a manner that
> minimized exposures using (in)appropriate assumptions. To get an accurate
> population dosage would have taken hundreds of monitoring devices in the
> vicinity of TMI.
>         This is only part of the picture. Some monitors inexplicably were
> unable to be used.(?)The data from the chemical biological radiation
> National Guard unit helicoptering above TMI was not reported in full.
> Personal dosimeter read high because they were not 'zeroed' before use
> (like Jimmy Carter's). I am sorry that I cannot remember all the other
> interesting and inexplicable things that happened with the radiation
> monitoring.
> marvlewis@juno.com
> Marvin Lewis
>
>  --

Coalition for Peace and Justice and the UNPLUG Salem Campaign; 321 Barr Ave.,
Linwood, NJ 08221; 609-601-8537 or 609-601-8583 (8583: fax, answer machine);
norco@bellatlantic.net;  UNPLUG SALEM WEBSITE:  http://www.unplugsalem.org/
COALITION FOR PEACE AND JUSTICE WEBSITE:
http://members.bellatlantic.net/~norco/  ICQ# 54268619; The Coalition for
Peace and Justice is a chapter of Peace Action.
“We have two lives, the one we’re given, and the other one we make” (Mary
Chapin Carpenter)
“Get up, stand up, stand up for your rights...Get up, stand up, don’t give up
the fight!” (Bob Marley)