Re: tmi

Dear Radsafers -

The following theory is rubbish. The meteorological condition at TMI
the morning of the accident was strongly 'stable', in fact, it was nearly
an inversion-layer situation with nearly zero windspeed. The air was
about as still as it can get. There is no evidence of a bouncing plume
nor of any weather mechanisms at the time to support such a thing.

Steve
Steve Frey, Head
Operational Health Physics (OHP) Department
Stanford Linear Accelerator Center (SLAC)
Phone:(650) 926-3839 (office),
      (650) 926-3030 (fax),
E-mail address: sfreyohp@SLAC.Stanford.EDU
Any thoughts expressed here are not meant
to speak for SLAC or any other party in any
capacity unless so stated.