RE: background vs man-made emmissions

Having lived in close proximity to a couple of fossil fuel plants, I'm
afraid that one won't wash.  In high school, our Advanced Biology class
studied Lake Julian (Skyland, NC), which is used as cooling for a coal fired
plant.  In October, with air temps in the forties, the water temperature in
a cove on the opposite side of the lake from the plant was 80 degrees F.   I
was not only there, I was the one who made the measurement.

Then during college, the fossil fuel plant nearby (Apollo Beach, FL) was
doing in marine animals fairly regularly, especially wintering manatees that
swam up into the intake channel.

Dave Neil		neildm@id.doe.gov

Friends help you move. Real friends help you move bodies.

On Tuesday, May 02, 2000 10:25 AM, New England Coalition on Nuclear