From: radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu
[mailto:radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu]On Behalf Of D. Kosloff
Sent: Tuesday, May 02, 2000 7:51 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: Microwave oven and battery

I believe our skin has a very complex heat energy transfer sensing
mechanism.  When we touch things we are not sensing temperature alone.  Take
a block of wood and a piece of metal and heat them to the same temperature.
I belive the wood will feel cooler because the wood has a lower heat
capacity and heat transfer capability.  I noticed this effect driving across
the Mohave Desert when it was 113 degrees.  The body of my truck in the
shade could not be hotter than ambient temperature but it felt hotter and
non metallic parts of the truck felt cooler as well.

Don Kolsoff dkosloff@ncweb.com
2910 Main St Perry OH 44081