RE: background vs man-made emmissions

	I don't remember the aspirin bottle analogy, but the actual
radioactive waste produced is about 0.5 cubic centimeter per year per
person serviced -- assuming that each person uses an averge of 1 KW.
That would be about 35 cm3 per lifethime, which approximates an aspirin
bottle. If the material is converted to waste-glass, the volume would be
about 10 times larger. I have published lots of papers on risk analysis of
rad waste and can send you copies if that would be useful. If you want
this, please specify whether you want technical or popular versions.  The
material is also covered in my book, "The nuclear Energy Option"

 Bernard L. Cohen
Physics Dept.
University of Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh, PA 15260