Re: Radioactive baby teeth flag cancer rate

Interesting timing. Norm .. Seems you were mislead, or, you were
misleading all of us!

> "The data will be released at the meeting," said Dr. Janet
> Sherman, a speaker at this week's conference, which begins
> tomorrow. "But in general we are finding that strontium-90 levels in
> baby teeth of children born since 1990 are reaching the levels that
> were in existence during the above-ground bomb-testing years,
> which is very scary.
>
> "Where's it coming from? Well, we're not doing above-ground
> testing of bombs, so there's only one place it could be coming
> from. And that is normally acting nuclear reactors.

Norm stated the following regarding why data was being provided to
the scientific community:

May 1, 2000  I think they will publish their study when they are
ready. Perhaps a preliminary report will come out, I don't know. Not
part of the inner circle of RPHP.

May 1, 2000  And guys, for the lst time - the Tooth Fairy Project is
IN PROCESS. They are not going to release numbers until the Project
is finished and the report written. This seems darn reasonable and
scientific to me.

April 28  Second, my understanding of thi project is that they are
not out to "prove" that nuke's cause cancer, but to use this study as
a first step to get additional and farther reaching studies.

Sandy Perle					Tel:(714) 545-0100 / (800) 548-5100
Director, Technical				Extension 2306
ICN Worldwide Dosimetry Division		Fax:(714) 668-3149
ICN Biomedicals, Inc.				E-Mail: sandyfl@earthlink.net
ICN Plaza, 3300 Hyland Avenue  		E-Mail: sperle@icnpharm.com
Costa Mesa, CA 92626

Personal Website:  http://www.geocities.com/capecanaveral/1205