RE: More on baby teeth

I spoke with a radiochemist about a previous post detailing the Sr-90
analytical method used.  His response was that the separation is not
specific to Sr, and it's likely that Ra-226 and daughters would be seen as
well.  Not only that, but interference will come from both betas and alphas
in the channels specified, as the scintillation photon yield is much lower
for alphas, bringing the signal into the range of channels indicated.
Radium levels tend to be a lot lower than 1 pCi/g Ca, but there's a whole
suite of daughters and also there's variability in the radium content.

Bruce Heinmiller CHP
heinmillerb@aecl.ca