I also got a personal e-mail from John Fill <johnboy@alumni.caltech.edu>
Subject:	re: RE: wrong DOT label
Date: Wednesday, May 17, 2000 at 10:19:17 am CDT

I don't subscribe to radsafe, but read the archives.  You might want to
consider the following:

The key word here is "person."  According to the definition in 49CFR171.8,
Irene is not a person.  Only those who offer a hazardous material for
transport or who transport the material are persons.

---

JHageman@swri.edu wrote:

I don't want to belabor the point, but the the regulation [49CFR175.31(a)]
clearly states: "Each person that discovers a discrepancy...
shall...notify the FAA...

----
John F. Fill
johnboy@alumni.caltech.edu