Re: wrong DOT label/reply

You should go a little further in the definitions.  See 49 CFR 107.3:
"'Transports' or 'transportation' means any movement of property by any mode, and
any loading, UNLOADING, OR STORAGE INCIDENTAL THERETO [emphasis mine]."  Thus a
person who unloads a hazmat package is a DOT "person,"  would be required to have
"hazmat employee training" and would be required to comply with any reporting
requirements.  Without knowing more details, I can't determine whether Irene
participated in the unloading of this package, or "storage incidental thereto,"
but this must be considered.

It's not about dose, it's about trust.

Bill Lipton
liptonw@dteenergy.com