Environmental Research Corporation; Fluid Atomization Generators

Good afternoon,

We have some "Fluid Atomization Aerosol Generators"
manufactured by a company called Environmental Research
Corporation.  It is our understanding that they were
used to destaticize air streams used in laser
applications.  They contain Kr-85 (nominally 1 mCi in the
1970's, now have decayed to about 0.15 mCi).  We would
like to return these devices for recycling.

Unfortunately, we cannot find any current reference to
ERC.  Does anyone know if they are still in business?
Were they merged with another company; if so, who?

If we cannot recycle them, we would like to dispose of
them as radioactive waste.  The device appears to contain
a metal cylinder containing the Kr-85.  This appears to
be typical of the construction of these types of devices,
based upon several other models that we possess.  Are
these cylinders pressurized, or is the Kr-85 gas infused
at atmospheric pressure?

Thanks in advance.

James Barnes, CHP
Radiation Safety Officer