Health Physics Journal July TOC

Hi all

Here is the July 2000 Health Physics Journal TOC.

Bruce Busby
For more information on the Health Physics Journal, see:
http://www.health-physics.com/

HEALTH PHYSICS
Schedule of Contents
Volume 79 No. 1,  July 2000

On the cover:   Resident of Muslyumovo Village crosses bridge over the Techa River into his community, one of the areas most highly exposed to radioactive contamination from the Russian Federation's MAYAK Production Association.  Photograph courtesy of Ken Niles, Oregon Office of Energy.

NEWS ON THE NET

History or Just Déjà Vu?
Bruce Busby                 Page - 1

GUEST EDITORIAL

A Note on this Special Issue
Ronald L. Kathren               Page - 2

KEYNOTE

The U. S.-Russian Radiation Health Effects Research
Program in the Southern Urals
Paul J. Seligman                Page - 3

BACKGROUND

The Basic Directions and Results of Activities of
Branch No. 1 of the State Research Center of the
Russian Federation  Biophysics Institute" (FIB-1)
Eduard R Lubchanskiy and Sergey A. Romanov
                        Page - 9

Radiological Medical Data Preservation in the
Southern Urals
Eleanor Melamed             Page - 11

ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT AND DOSE ASSESSMENT

Reconstruction of Radionuclide Contamination of
the Techa River Caused by Liquid Waste Discharge
from Radiochemical Production at the Mayak
Production Association
Yuri Mokrov, Yuri Glagolenko,
and Bruce Napier                    Page - 15

The Techa River Dosimetry System:  Methods for
the Reconstruction of Internal Dose
Marina O. Degteva, Vyacheslav P. Kozheurov,
Evgeniya I. Tolstykh, Marina I. Vorobiova, Lynn R.
Anspaugh, Bruce A. Napier, and Alexander N.
Kovtun                          Page - 24

Radioecological Impacts of the Techa River
Contamination
A. V. Akleyev, V. A. Kostyuchenko, L. M.
Peremyslova, V. A. Baturin,
and I. Ya. Popova                   Page - 36

Deterministic Effects from Occupational Radiation
Exposures in a Cohort of Mayak PA Workers: Data
Base Description
H. G. Claycamp, N. D. Okladnikova,
T. V. Azizova, Z. D. Belyaeva, B. B. Boecker,
V. S. Pesternikova, B. R. Scott, S. Shekhter-Levin,
M. V. Sumina, N. B. Sussman, I. I. Teplyakov,
and N. Wald                     Page - 48

Stochastic Effects of Environmental Radiation
Exposure in Populations Living Near the Mayak
Industrial Association: Preliminary Report on
Study of Cancer Morbidity
Mira M. Kossenko, Daniel A. Hoffman, and Terry L.
Thomas                          Page - 55

Metabolism and Dosimetry of Actinide Elements in
Occupationally-Exposed Personnel of Russia and the
United States: A Summary Progress Report
Valentin F. Khokhryakov, Klara G. Suslova, Ronald E.
Filipy, J. Richard Alldredge, Elena E. Aladova,
Samuel E. Glover, and Vadim V. Vostrotin    Page - 63

Development of an Improved Dosimetry System for
the Workers at the Mayak Production Association
Valentin Khokhryakov, Klara Suslova, Elena
Aladova, Evgenii Vasilenko, Scott C. Miller, David M.
Slaughter, and Melinda P. Krahenbuhl        Page - 72

FUTURE DIRECTIONS

The Promise of Molecular Epidemiology in Defining
the Association Between Radiation and Cancer
Ruth Neta                           Page - 77

CORRESPONDENCE

NOAA Space Weather Alerts
Robert J. Barish                        Page - 85

Response to Barish
Gary Heckman                        Page - 86

BOOK REVIEWS

Decommissioning of Nuclear Power Plants and Research Reactors
Decommissioning of Medical, Industrial and
Research Facilities
Reviewed by Michael T. Ryan         Page - 88

OTHER CONTENT

In Memoriam--Myron F. Fair, 1920 - 1998
Citation by Allen Brodsky               Page - 89

In Memoriam--Harald H. Rossi, 1917 - 2000
Citation by Warren K. Sinclair          Page - 91

News and Notices
Instructions for Submission of New Product Announcements
Author Guidelines
Health Physics Society Prospectus
Health Physics Society Affiliate Members
Advertisers Guide   Appears at the back of this issue
Advertisers Index    Appears at the back of this issue
Up and Coming      Appears at the back of this issue