Power Outages - DOE Richardson Blames Utilities Lack of Investment?!

An interesting story from the Compuserve Main Page. Utilities per DOE's
Richardson are guilty of not wanting to invest in generation capacity. What
about the many political and advocacy group pressures applied to utilities
and government over the past 25 years forcing over 100 nuclear plant
cancellations? I'm constantly reminded of the old joke about the several
phases of any large project or endeavor [as best I can remember it]:

1) Initial euphoria
2) Disillusionment
3) Panic
4) Search for the Guilty