Re: plutonium packs

On the SNAP series - the PU-238 heat source is in a Be cyl/shell that
has a LOT of thermocouples attached.  The cold side of the thermocouples
presses up against a Be cyl with fins assembly that radiates the heat
into free space.

A VERY simple device - not quite so simple to make.  There is quite a
trick to brazing the Be.