Forwarding a letter from Kodak - To Users of Personal Monitoring Devices

I am forwarding a letter from Kodak - To Users of Personal Monitoring
Devices. I have been criticized for sending these out previously, but
will facilitate this request since it makes an important statement
that affects many within these two professional listservers. PLEASE
do not contact me for comment, rather contact Mr. Archibald,
Worldwide Segment Business Manager directly. Thank you.

June 8, 2000

SUBJECT: Kodak Personal Monitoring Film - Type II

To Users of Personal Monitoring Devices

The purpose of this memo is to respond to questions regarding Kodak's
future participation in the Personal Monitoring film market with our
Type II film. We at KODAK want to make it very clear that we have no
intent to exit this market now, or in the near future.

Film offers many advantages to customers requiring a device for
measuring doses of X-rays or radioactivity. Film has been a NVLAP
accepted alternative of dosimetry for decades. Film is easy to
calibrate, shows operator movement, and replacement cost of lost
badges is significantly less than TLD.

KODAK is the world - wide leader in providing pre-packaged films
specifically for the radiation monitoring market. We are currently
engaged in a new product development program with the vinyl-packaged
product to provide even better performing products in the market
place.

This is very important business to the Eastman Kodak Company and
KODAK will continue to supply film as a very viable solution for this
application. We have many Dealers in the U.S. and around the world
that are authorized to re-sell this film and, in turn, offer this as
a service. Thank you for your support and continued use of KODAK
Personal Monitoring Film, Type II.

For further information regarding Eastman Kodak Company's Personal
Monitoring Film, Type II please contact your local KODAK
representative. The KODAK website at
http://www.Kodak.com/go/Professional will also assist in answering
your questions.

Very truly yours,