Line Sources and others

Several weeks ago the RadSafe user Lzjk@aol.com asked questions about line
sources and dose rates. Since I wrote a paper on this years ago (1956), I
retrieved it and formatted it in the HTML language. The title of the paper is:

"GAMMA AND NEUTRON SURFACE DOSE RATE MEASUREMENTS:
                           THEORETICAL AND PRACTICAL "

and it may be found at:

http://www.helge.com/surface/

I would like to claim that I am an expert in this field, but I am not. Dr.
William C. Roesch, "Bill," was my mentor during my 8.5 years at Hanford and
he is the one who lead me through the paths of solid angles and surface
dosimetry. The Health Physics profession owes much to Bill. Perhaps this
publication is my way of posthumously saying "Thanks, Bill" so other health
physics people can know a little bit of his contributions to our field.

Lew Helgeson

PS: No, I haven't retired yet, going on 77 years young !!!