Re: 1.3 billion people killed, maimed or diseased...

She had "transitioned" by 1979.  I attended a session at the American Public
Health Association Annual Meeting, in December 1979, where she presented a
paper:  "Maternal/Child Health Effects From Radioactive Particles in Milk,
Wisconsin 1963-1975."  This stated that,  "It was concluded, based on
information now available to Wisconsin citizens, that pollution from fission
products is most likely increasing the morality rates for immature infants in
Wisconsin..."   Gerry Parker, Director of the MA Dept. of Public Health, was in
the audience.  When he asked her what statisitical test was used to show data
significance, she replied that she didn't need a statistical test; she knew when
the data was significant.

BTW, congratulations on your election to the ANS Board.

It's not about dose, it's about trust.

Bill Lipton
liptonw@dteenergy.com