Re: Contaminants in steel scrap

> I wonder about other contaminants that may pose a hazard

Susan:

That's the basic issue!  We treat radiation as a uniquely hazardous threat.
No other threat is presumed to be a problem at every level down to zero.  If
we can kill the LNT premise, then we'd have a basis for treating radiation
rationally.  Now we don't.

I needn't point out to this group that many of the other toxicants you
mentioned have INFINITE half-lives, but we somehow manage to cohabitate the
same planet with them.

Ted Rockwell