Radiation is good for you - Russian magazine

Dear Radsafers,

A rather funny note appeared yesterday in the Russian magazine 'Ogonyok':

"RADIATION IS NOT ONLY DANGEROUS, BUT BENEFICIAL AS WELL
"Strange, isn't it?  We here nearly covering walls with lead shielding,
checking cabbages with a radiation monitor but really without this radiation
it's very easy to get into the box 2 feet underground.  Russian scientists
with the help of the grant received from the RFFI <I guess - Russian Federal
Physics Institute...?> conducted many experiments and have proven that one
cannot live without radiation.  In fact it is as necessary for humans as
sun, water and air.  However, one should know hie limits and more than 0.2
Gray per year is not recommended.  Less than this is not recommended
either."
<<<<<<<<
Does anybody from Russia have any further information on this, like where
and how one can get hold of results of these experiments?

Kind regards
Nick Tsurikov
Eneabba, Western Australia
http://eneabba.net/ <http://eneabba.net/>