Re: Exposure to Photograhic Film in Airport X-ray Scanners

>...city (as opposed to changing planes).  The important thing to
>...remember is NEVER put film in your checked baggage
When I left Munich five days ago (BEMS conference) the inspectors insisted
in taking my camera (400 ASA film) through the X-ray machine and then also
that I took a "dead" picture to show that it was an ordinary camera (=no
bomb) - how about my shampo bottle? It could have been some explosive liquid
instead but that was not an issue. They forced other travelers to do this as
well. My camera is a standard Pentax MV that I have had for 20 years and
that must have been with me during many hundreds of flights. This is the
first time that I was forced to take a picture this way. I just wonder if
one has any rights to refuse. Suppose that you saved the last picture of a
special film for some specific purpose - then you must buy a whole new film
because of this. OK - off topic - please write any comments to me directly.

Bjorn Cedervall   bcradsafers@hotmail.com