Employment Opportunity for Safety Technician

The Scripps Research Institute (TSRI) in La Jolla, CA (near San Diego) has
an opening for a full-time Safety Technician in the Department of
Environmental Health and Safety.

Duties & Responsibilities: Collect and consolidate chemical & radioactive
waste; perform laboratory surveys for radioactive contamination; calibrate
radiation detection instruments and process radioactive material shipments.

Requires 1-2 years of experience in chemical and radioactive waste
management; a Bachelor's degree in hazardous waste management or basic
science or equivalent combination of skills and experience; must be able to
lift 50 lbs and wear a respirator and must be able to obtain a valid
California driver's license.

Please send your salary history & resume to:

TSRI
10550 N. Torrey Pines Rd, TPC-11
La Jolla, CA  92037
or
FAX: (858) 784-8071
or
E-mail: resumes@scripps.edu.

Please reference "radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu" in your cover letter when
applying.

Visit www.scripps.edu for more information.
We value and support diversity in our workforce/AA/EOE.

James Rutan
Manager, Radiation Safety and Hazardous Waste
The Scripps Research Institue
EH&S, Mail Drop BCC078
10550 North Torrey Pines Road
La Jolla, CA 92037