Fwd: [DOEWatch] PLEASE FAX/ WRITE PRESIDENT CARTER: DR.ROSALIE BERTELL'S SIGNED, NOTORIZED STATEMENT RE ONGOING 3 MILEISLAND COVERUP BY JIMMY CARTER

Sandy -

The following message was also posted on DOEWatch this morning.

Jim Hardeman
Jim_Hardeman@mail.dnr.state.ga.us

  Today, July 10, 2000 is the second anniversary of Dr Rosalie Bertell's
signed, notorized statement below. Jane Rickover also had a
 statement
 signed and notorized [see
http://www.geocities.com/mothersalert/rickover.html] as to President Jimmy
Carter's ONGOING  cover up of the
 accident at 3 Mile Island which, if all information were to be disclosed
concerning the accident, would have ended commerial nuclear power
 in the United States. This would have brought a major slow down if not halt
to commercial nuclear power internationally. This ONGOING cover up & lie can
be exposed only if WE fax and write President Carter, no call or e-mail but
DELUGE
 President
 Carter with FAXES and WRITTEN,  snail mailed letters to the following
address:

Fax Jimmy Carter at: FAX: 404-331-0283

Write President Carter at:

 1 Copenhill
 453 Freedom Parkway
 Atlanta, Ga. 30307

     If anyone can get this to the 1,990 victims of the 3 Mile Island
Accident who are still trying to legally pursue this case and have them
 fax and/or write both individually and collectively petition Jimmy Carter
that may greatly help Carter to open up about this. If Carter
 still does
 nothing, perhaps a demonstration can be arranged at the Carter Center at
this outrageous, contemptous display of utter disregard for
 Democracy by the former President and ongoing perpetrater.

    -Bill Smirnow

  http://www.geocities.com/mothersalert/bertell.html

  Dr. Rosalie Bertell is the President of the
 International Institute of Concern for Public Health, and an
 epidemiologist by proffesion. She is also an expert in the health
 effects of low level radiation. Dr. Bertell received the Right
 Livelihood Award [Alternative Nobel Peace Prize] in 1986. She can be
 reached at: IICPH@compuserve.com  Phone:416-260-3404   Below is Dr.
 Bertell's signed, notorized statement of July 10, 1998 concerning the
 ongoing cover-up of the Three Mile Island Accident. Remember this
 coming March 28th is the 2oth Anniversary of the TMI Accident.Dr.
 Bertell's signed, notorized statement says:

     "I feel that former President Jimmy Carter should come forth with
 all of the facts surrounding the Three Mile Island Accident, especially

 those which involved the radiation release and the dose to the public.
 This disclosure should, moreover, be in language which can be easily
 and correctly  understood by the public, and not massaged to hide the
 truth.After the accident, for example, I found that the dose officially

 assigned to the public, was called: "measured dose to the public from
 the accident" - where "measured" meant it only included the dose after
 the rate matres were in place the third day after the accident began;
 "accident" meant that the radiation dose received during the same time
 period in 1978 when the TMI reactors were all operating and there was
 Chinese nuclear test fallout, could be subtracted.

     President Carter was and continues to be by his silence, complicit
 in keeping the true facts of the Three Mile Island Accident from the
 American and world public.While it may have been legally although not
 morally, permissible to withold this information in 1979 under the
 guise of national security needs, now that the Cold War is over it is
 no longer credible that the US government protect the nuclear industry
 at the cost of the lives and health of its citizens.

     As I, Dr. Rosalie Bertell, President of the International Institute

 of Concern for Public Health, stated in my e-mail to President carter
 of February 10,1998 [enclosed], President carter was and is involved
 ithe cover up of the Three Mile island Accident, and in particular the
 serious health damage to the people who lived nearby. I was on the
 Citizen's Advisory Council to the Blue Ribbon Panel set up by Preident
 Carter to investigate the TMI accident.The members of this public panel

 did not have FBI clearance, with the possible exception of Dr. Kemmeny
 who had worked on the Manhattan Project. The staff, selected from those

 who worked for the NRC or DOE, did have such security clearance, and
 therefore they were able to withld any information they or their
 superiors wanted to declare "classified:, from the Panel. The nuclear
 weapon program demanded that workers and the military personnel handle
 this radioactive material and the nuclear ordance, therefore health
 effects of radiation could be classified for national security to
 prevent rebellion.

     At the first meeting of the Citizen's Advisory Council to the
 Kemmeny Commission, I brought up this potential problem and asked what
 provisions had been made for the Commission members to have security
 clearance so that they might have full access to the truth about the
 accident. Another Advisory Council Member asked who was in charge of
 reactor operations during the accident. These two questions were never
 answered, and they were enough to cause the dissolution of the entire
 advisory panel. In fact, Dr. Kemmeny even stated publicly to the press
 that we had never been invited to Washington [although the Commission
 paid our air fare and hotel bills]. The Industry Advisory Council to
 the Kemmeny Commission continued to function during the invetigation.

    The nuclear industry has frustrated the litigation of all of the
 serious health claims of the TMI exposed people, in spite of the
 Supreme Court's ruling in 1997 that these claims must be heard.Lawyers
 for the nuclear industryare gloating that they are "invincible" before
 the Courts. Using dirty tactics, they have managed to eliminate all of
 the expert witnesses which the victims had engaged to bring their cause

 before the Court, subsequently causing the cases to be dismissed for
 lack of witnesses. There may be as many as 2,000 people who have not
 had their grievances heard by the courts. This dismissal, after the
 Supreme Court Ruling, as accomplished througha judge's ruling, not
 through the court hearing which the people had been promised. The
 people have still, almost 20 years after the accident, not had their
 day incourt!

     It is my opinion that former President carter should come forth and

 make the truth known so that the court cases for the victims can be
 reopened. I believe that it shouild also be made a court ruling that
 defendants, such as the nuclear industry, should not be allowed to
 declare their own witnesses the official spokespersons for a branch of
 knoweldge, able to define for the court the methodologies which they
 accept and practice as the only legitimate ones! It was such a ploy
 that was used to dismiss the TMI plaintiff's witnesses. This is blatant

 violation of justice and of the human rights of the victims.It is
 especially abhorrent in the questions of health efects of radiation, a
 field of public health which was usurped by the nuclear physicists
 under the exigencies of potential nuclear war after World War II.
 Professional Health Physicists are not required to have any training in

 biology, public health or any medical discipline. Their methodologies
 are very limited and unacceptable to many professionals in the fields
 of epidemiology, occupational and public health.

     {Signed] Dr. Rosalie Bertell

      Notorized by Michele D. Guy    July 10, 1998

      PLEASE SAVE, COPY, & SPREAD THIS MESSAGE AS FAR & WIDE AS
 POSSIBLE. TRY CALLING YOUR LOCAL NEWSPAPERS, TV STATIONS, RADIO
 STATIONS AND HAVE THIS ONGOING COVER UP PRINTED AND/OR BROADCAST.

   Thank/Bless You All,

             -Bill Smirnow

Missing old school friends? Find them here:
http://click.egroups.com/1/5534/4/_/488116/_/963237155/

DOEWatch List ----A Magnum-Opus Project ---  The real Natl. Sec. Directive
Subscribe online: http://www.onelist.com
-based near the cryptic named  X-10 [god and ten commandments] and Y-12 [yahweh and disciples] nuke weapons plants of the nuclear tabernacle of Oak Ridge.

"If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky
That would be like the splendor of the Mighty one...
I am become Death, The shatterer of Worlds."
-Oppenheimer July 16, 45 at Trinity from 5,000 year old Bhagavad-Gita

"We have discovered the most terrible bomb in the history of the world.  It may be the fire destruction prophesized in the Euphrates Valley Era, after Noah and his fabulous Ark.  Anyway we think we have found the way to cause the disintegration of the atom."
 -Quote from Truman's diary July 25, 45 after Pottsdam and the "baby was born" and grew into "Little Boy" and "Fat Man" and the hydrogen bomb delivered by bomber named  "Dave's Dream."  Enola Gay's pilot, after Hiroshima,  enters "My God' in the log.

"The Doctor of the future will give No Medicine, but will interest his patients in the care of the human frame, in diet, and in the cause and prevention of disease."
-Attributed to Thomas Alva Edison

"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act"
-George Orwell

The Manhattan Project commited war crimes in killing Panama natives in nuke bomb tests.

Oak Ridge uses ole hippie activists to hide its HF emissions and war crimes.

The actual setting for the "Three Faces of Eve" was Oak Ridge.  Now its also a setting for "The Simpsons."

DOEWatch page:    http://members.aol.com/doewatch