Re: Dr. Rosalie's Latest Crusade

The X-Files has more credibility.

As Michael said, why let facts get in the way:

(1) Not only were scientists involved in surveys around the plant
and away from the plant, so were others who had instrumentation,
and were attempting to demonstrate high dose from plant releases.
The fact is, no evidence of any high dose around the plant, let
alone tens of miles from the plant, ever demonstrated that there
were any significant releases occurring. My recollection is that the
highest dose estimated to anyone off-site was on the order of about
80 mrem.

(2) Dr. Bertell's expertise is epidemiology .. right? The facts are
that there has never been any scientifically validated statistical test
performed that shows any increases in illness resulting from TMI.
Are the judges also in the pockets of the industry? Huh Dr. Bertell?

(3) Seems to me that life goes on around the plant. The population
hasn't moved, workers still work and inhabit the TMI property. There
is no vast wasteland. Pure science fiction, Dr. Bertell.

(4) I don't know Bill Smirnow is. Appears to me that he just likes to
agitate. He seems to get his kicks by facilitating fantasy,
motivating the forces. I still wonder where all of the funding comes
from, that allows these groups to promulgate so much BS! I wonder
how many of these individuals even have a real job (and I don't
consider working for some of these fringe groups as viable work).
These individuals know how to attack, yet when asked, they can
never identify any positive alternatives, except for the punch list
items that they are provided to respond to any question posed.
Rhetoric won't enable power sources. When you throw the light
switch, there must be a viable source of electric power available.

(5) There are those within these groups who really do have a belief
that there needs to be change. Many of them actually do think, and
do question motives on BOTH sides of the issue. I can deal with
those individuals, and carry on a dialogue. It's the rest who just
spew BS that I have a problem with.

In conclusion .. this crap will continue, until we do end up in a
wasteland. There are movies about that. We don't have to wait for
nuclear destruction.. we only have to wait until these individuals
succeed in their attempts ti throw us back into the dark ages.

Recommendation .. if they don't like it .. and they are truly afraid of
the nuclear option, then why don't they all move away from these
troubled waters, and move to a place where there is only viable
wind power, solar power, and rely on anything except nuclear
generated electricity. Then you truly can't be called the ultimate
hypocrite.

End of soap box for today!
Sandy Perle					Tel:(714) 545-0100 / (800) 548-5100
Director, Technical				Extension 2306
ICN Worldwide Dosimetry Division		Fax:(714) 668-3149
ICN Biomedicals, Inc.				E-Mail: sandyfl@earthlink.net
ICN Plaza, 3300 Hyland Avenue  		E-Mail: sperle@icnpharm.com
Costa Mesa, CA 92626

Personal Website:  http://www.geocities.com/capecanaveral/1205