Verification of NAS Statement

Would someone please point me in the proper direction to help me verify the correctness of the following statement?:

"The 1999 report from the National Academy of Sciences (NAS) confirmed that radon in drinking water causes cancer, primarily lung cancer from inhaling radon transferred into indoor air."

I actually thought the NAS report showed that risk was negligible.

Thanks in advance,
v/r
Michael
TRAB