[Fwd: PTP Course Updates]

This may be of interest to RadSafers:

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: PTP Course Updates
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 10:13:50 -0400
From: registrar@orau.gov
To: "PTP Course Updates" <ptpupdates@listserv.orau.gov>

       Professional Training Programs
		Hands-on Training
			in the
		Radiological Sciences

    Upcoming Courses and Other Neat Stuff

Occupational Internal Dosimetry
	July 17 - 21
Environmental Monitoring
	July 31 - August 4
Air Sampling for Radioactive Materials
	August 7 - 11
Introduction to Radiation Safety
	August 14 - 18
Radiation Safety Officer Training
	August 28 - September 1
Applied Health Physics
	September 11 - October 13
MARSSIM
	September 25 - 29

Our MARSSIM course can be offered at your site.  To discuss this
possibility, contact Paul Frame at (865)576 3388 or Eric Abelquist at
(865)576 3740.

To obtain detailed course information (including schedules):
1. Visit our web site     http://www.orau.com/ptp/ptp.htm
We now have on-line registration available!
2. Email our registrar at registrar@orau.gov, or
3. Phone our registrar at (865) 576 3576

Bonus: all course participants receive a free copy of the PTP Electronic
Library cd!

Recently available neat stuff.

1.	Not only are full text versions of the journals Radiology and
Radiographics available electronically at the RSNA site, RSNA now has a
online version of their annual Index to Imaging Literature which will
search for articles in some 40 different journals:
		http://www.rsna.org/publications/index.html

A couple of general interest papers in the AAPM/RSNA Physics Tutorial
for Residents series:
"Radiation Safety Considerations for Diagnostic Radiology Personnel" by
Libby Brateman:
http://radiographics.rsnajnls.org/cgi/content/full/19/4/1037?maxtoshow=&HITS=20&hits=20&RESULTFORMAT=&searchid=963329933378_1247&FIRSTINDEX=&tocsectionid=Imaging+and+Therapeutic+Technology&journalcode=radiographics
and,
"Typical Patient Radiation Doses in Diagnostic Radiology" by Robert A.
Parry, Sharon A. Glaze, and Benjamin R. Archer:
http://radiographics.rsnajnls.org/cgi/content/full/19/5/1289?maxtoshow=&HITS=20&hits=20&RESULTFORMAT=&searchid=963329933378_1247&FIRSTINDEX=&tocsectionid=Imaging+and+Therapeutic+Technology&journalcode=radiographics

2.	Within a week of our last PTP update, the URL for one of our
references changed (sorry bout that): Heath's Gamma Spectrum Catalogs
for germanium and NaI detectors are now at:
http://id.inel.gov/gamma/data1.html

3.	The ORAU virtual museum of radiation/nuclear related items has been
significantly expanded, if you haven't seen it recently, check it out at
http://www.orau.com/ptp/museumdirectory.htm

4.	A few emergency response links that might be of interest:

NRC Overview of emergency response
http://www.nrc.gov/NRC/AEOD/ER/index.html

EPA's Radiological Emergency Response Program
http://www.epa.gov/radiation/rert/index.html

DOE Transportation Emergency Preparedness Program
http://www.em.doe.gov/otem/program.html

Emergency Management Resource Sites Listing
http://www.islandnet.com/sarbc/sar-emrg.html

The CIA "Chemical/Biological/Radiological Incident Handbook"
http://www.nrc.gov/NRC/AEOD/ER/HANDBOOK/CBR_hdbk.html

The DOT "2000 Emergency Response Handbook"
http://hazmat.dot.gov/gydebook.htm

5.  Carl Gogolak  has produced free software that will assist in the
design of a MARSSIM-based final status survey. Try the two following
links but keep your fingers crossed. For some reason, I sometimes have a
great deal of trouble accessing these sites:
http://www.cvg.homestead.com/MARSSIMPower2000.html and
http://www.gogolak.org

In the same vein, the new version of the Visual Sample Plan software is
available:	http://terrassa.pnl.gov:2080/DQO/software If you are running
Windows 98, you might not be able to reach it however.