Re: Radioactive material in film developer

Ed

Potassium-40 (Emax beta = 1.3 MeV, gamma = 1.46 MeV, t1/2 = 1.3E9 y) has a
elemental spA of ~800 pCi g^-1. Looks like you've found another sort of
technologically-enhanced, naturally-occurring radioactive material (TENORM)!!
I shall not venture an opinion as to the proper disposition of it, except
to note that, to my knowledge, no one treats potassium hydroxide as if it
were radioactive.

Congratulations(?) and luck to you
cja