RE: Radioactive material in film developer

A quick calculation (which may have an arithmetic error in it) gives the
K-40 activity in one gram of natural potassium to be about 31 Bq or 840 pCi,
which looks reasonable for the samples in question since they are not pure
potassium.

David L. North, Sc.M. DABR
Associate Physicist
Department of Medical Physics