From: Franz Schoenhofer [mailto:schoenho@via.at]
Sent: Thursday, July 13, 2000 11:33 AM
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: Re: S-35 Spill at UCSD

I miss here - as is always the case when mass media report on contamination
and accidents - the information on how much was spilled in terms of mBq
(sorry my US friends, femtoCuries). Any estimation of doses - above nanoSv
(or 100 nanorem) or below femtoSv (or 100 femtorem)?

In the opinion of journalists "Radioactivity is Radioactivity", whether it
is MCi or mCi, GBq or mBq!

The same seems true concerning the message containing news from Hanford,
posted by Sandy. I missed any numbers, but I have not checked the web-site
mentioned in this message.

Franz