Re: Govt. Ends Radioactive Metal Sales

>WASHINGTON (AP) - The Energy Department took steps Thursday to ensure
>that radioactive metals are no longer recycled into braces, zippers,
>toys and other consumer products, ordering a halt to sales of
>thousands of tons of scrap metal left at nuclear weapons facilities.

Why "no longer recycled..."? When we recycle metals from say nuclear
installations they are classified as non-radioactive according to specified
definitions (regulations by the Radiation Protection Institute (SSI)
relating to content (Bq of various kinds - alfa, beta, gamma). If anything
radioactive couldn't be recycled essentially nothing could be recycled
(people who have died whould be nuclear waste).

My own reflection and opinion only,

Bjorn Cedervall   bcradsafers@hotmail.com
http://www.geocities.com/bjorn_cedervall/