Re: Steel and Metal Consumers Radioactivity Protection Act

The IAEA-TECDOC 855 - Clearance levels for radionuclides in solid materials,
January 1996, Table I, page 11, contains Derived Unconditional Clearance
Levels for selected radionuclides. The more restrictive are:

Na-22, Na-24, Mn-54, Co-60, Zn-65, Nb-94, Ag-110m, Sb-124, Cs-134, Cs-137,
Eu-152, Pb-210, Ra-226, Ra-228, Th-228, Th-230, Th-232, U-234, U-235, U-238,
Np-237, Pu-239, Pu-240, Am-241, Cm-244
The  Ranges of activity concentration Bq/g is between  0.1 to <1.0. The
representative single value  of the Clearance Level in this ccategory is 0.3
Bq/g, that's mean 250 less than the USA concept for non radioactive material
74 Bq/g

In this condition Table I provides a high degree of assurance that the
individual dose criterion of 10 uSv/a will not exceeded.

Jose Julio Rozental
joseroze@netvision.net.il
Israel