Re: Steel and Metal Consumers Radioactivity Protection Act

> When I visited Harrisburg last week one of my friends (non-scientist) asked
> whether it was dangerous to go there ...

Just shows you the degree of ignorance out there! I was in
Harrisburg/Hershey recently. It's amazing that anyone in this day and
age could even ask such a question! Harrisburg is the capital of PA
(they probably didn't even know that) And that isn't too surprising
.. can't even fathom haw many adults (let alone children) don't even
know who the capitals are, who the key politicians are in this
country.  Hershey Park is the "temporary" home to millions of kids
considering the number that flock to the park each year.

Education is sorely needed. So why should we be surprised at the
level of ignorance. We happen to be living in an ignorant society,
where what is important just happens to be trivia.

Sandy Perle					Tel:(714) 545-0100 / (800) 548-5100
Director, Technical				Extension 2306
ICN Worldwide Dosimetry Division		Fax:(714) 668-3149
ICN Biomedicals, Inc.				E-Mail: sandyfl@earthlink.net
ICN Plaza, 3300 Hyland Avenue  		E-Mail: sperle@icnpharm.com
Costa Mesa, CA 92626

Personal Website:  http://www.geocities.com/capecanaveral/1205