Re: Steel and Metal Consumers Radioactivity Protection Act

>When I visited Harrisburg last week one of my friends (non-scientist) asked
whether it was dangerous to go there ...

In a previous life I taught radiation worker classes at a nuclear utility,.
I used to begin my instruction by showing a nice color slide of a sea-side
city, modern, clean, in a wooded area, lovely bright white cruise ships in
the harbor, etc, and asking the class if anyone could tell me what city that
was. Everyone in the class was always surprised to learn it was Hiroshima
(followed by a similar photo of Nagasaki). It's interesting to me that the
general population believes that, not only were these cities devastated by
atomic bombs at the end of WWII, they believe these cities were destroyed
forever, being uninhabitable and just plain gone! Each class would be
genuinely surprised to find that these cities are thriving, the people who
live there are healthy, etc.