RE: Nuclear Power

Title: RE: Nuclear Power

Pam -

In relation to common sources of light in our environment, either "natural" or man-made, there is nothing to suggest that normally encountered high illuminance levels will be a problem.  I base this comment on various safety/hazard criteria such as the ACGIH TLVs and the ANSI/IESNA RP.27 series as well as on the literature that supports these.  However, staring at high radiance sources such as the sun is known to damage the retina.

Regards - Bob

Robert E. Levin, Ph.D.
Corporate Scientist
OSRAM SYLVANIA