Combined Heath and Safety Tech and Radcon Tech Training and QualProgram

I am the new Health and Safety Technician training program manager at
LLNL.  LLNL trains and qualifies HSTs to conduct, concurrently, both
RCT and HST duties.  For years this organization has "attempted" to
build a program to train both RCTs and HSTs. They succeeded in
building a pretty good RCT training and qualification program. Now, I
have taken on the task of building the HST part, i.e. Industrial
Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Explosives Safety, and Fire Protection.
Do any other organizations have a job description for HST similar to
what I have described here at LLNL? Which organizations have a formal
HST training and qualification program? Has anyone reviewed and
adopted or used the draft Health and Safety Technician ANSI standard
currently being written?
Jerry W. Hopkins
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
Livermore, Ca.