SV: Radon Action Levels

Tom,

I'm no authority on radon, but these seem to be the current levels for
Sweden:

400 Bq/m3 Highest permissble level in existing buildings and working sites.

200 Bq/m3 Highest permissble level in new buildings.

2,5 MBqh/year Highest exposition for radon in newly developed mines and
underground sites.

100 Bq/l Action level for radon in drinking water.

1000 Bq/l Considered not suitable as drinking water.

m3 = cubic metre
l = litre

You might wanna download Gustav Akerblom's report "Radon Legislation and
National Guidelines" http://www.ssi.se/english/RadonGustav.PDF which is a
compilation of answers to a questionnaire that was sent out worldwide. The
report covers the answers from 42 counties, among them all EU Member States
and many states outside Europe.

Hope this helps,

Bjorn Sandstrom, PhD
FOA
SE-901 82 Umea
Sweden

Radon Legislation and National Guidelines.url