Re: Health Physics Measurement and Test Equipment?

Brent Robinson,

San Onofre does not include calibrators, sources, MCAs or survey
instruments as M&TE and these items are not classed as Safety Related.
Safety Related is reserved for plant equipment.  We classify  our
instruments as "important to safety".  All electronic test equipment
(O-scopes, voltmeters,...)  used to calibrate or service survey instruments
is M&TE and is checked out from the M&TE program.   We (HP) maintain two
electrometers and two sets of transfer ion chambers as though they are M&TE
and we have these calibrated annually by NIST.  These instruments are use
to verify calibrator output on an annual frequency.

Dick Warnock

                    Brent_Robinson@fpl
                    .com                      To:     Multiple recipients of list
                    Sent by:                  <radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu>
                    radsafe@romulus.eh        cc:
                    s.uiuc.edu                Subject:     Health Physics Measurement and
                                              Test Equipment?

                    07/17/00 06:42 AM
                    Please respond to
                    radsafe

This question is for nuclear power plant radsafers ...

What health physics equipment (calibration standards, sources, voltmeters,
portable instruments, MCAs, etc.) is considered "measurement and test
equipment" as defined in 10CFR50, Appendix B?

Is any of your equipment and/or standards considered "safety related"?

I'm also interested in any documentation (procedures, evaluations, etc.)
that anyone could provide.
Thanks in advance.

Brent_Robinson@fpl.com
(561) 467-7318