RE: US radiation safety limits not based on science-GAO

The regs state, that each licensee shall conduct operations so that the
following are not exceeded:
10CFR20.1301(a)(1) -- 100 mrem/yr TEDE
10CFR20.1301(c) -- an increase to 500 mrem/yr TEDE may be applied for [but
not necessarily granted]
10CFR20.1301(d) -- In addition to the above, licensees must also meet the
EPA standards of 40CRF190, which is 25 mrem/year whole body, among other
things, from ALL sources of the nuclear fuel cycle.
And if this isn't enough we have the limits [design objectives] of 10CFR50,
Appendix I for radioactivity released in effluents
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Jerry Lahti
ComEd - Downers Grove
(630) 663-6659
gerald.p.lahti@ucm.com
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

This E-mail and any of its attachments may contain Unicom proprietary
information, which is privileged, confidential, or subject to copyright
belonging to the Unicom family of Companies.  This E-mail is intended
solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed.  If
you are not the intended recipient of this E-mail, you are hereby notified
that any dissemination, distribution, copying, or action taken in relation
to the contents of and attachments to this E-mail is strictly prohibited
and may be unlawful.  If you have received this E-mail in error, please
notify the sender immediately and permanently delete the original and
any copy of this E-mail and any printout.  Thank You.