Re: Victims of the Nuclear Age

At 11:14 18.07.2000 -0500, you wrote:

>Found the following e-mail (including Dr. Bertell's e-mail address) on the =
>DOEWatch mailing list. Thought y'all would be interested.
>
>Jim Hardeman
>Jim_Hardeman@mail.dnr.state.ga.us

I made it two or three pages, but then I had a feeling like getting sick.
It is incredible, how much nonsense was already written in the few pages I
read. Mrs. Bertell probably employs several ghost writers, because where
would she take the time, only to type so much. I do not believe that she
would have to think of what she is writing, because everything is like in a
litany - all thoughts are preformed and well trained, so they appear
automatically, using every "clichee" well proved in decades of constant
repeat and touching peoples feelings - dead children, diseases, cancer,
suicide, Chernobyl, Gulf War, Hiroshima - everything fixed to nuclear
energy as the sole cause. Severe attacks to people and organisations (IAEA,
ICRP etc.) not sharing her thoughts in the name of "humanity". I cannot
help to categorize the behaviour of such people in psychiatric terms like
"paranoia" and "neurosis". The proximity of this person to the catholic
church maybe another, not necessarily negligible factor.

As to the figures claimed, I do not know the size of the population of the
earth, but isn't a figure of 1.2 billion "victims", most probably intended
moreover to represent persons in countries which run nuclear power plants,
something which only can be called "paranoia"? I cannot understand the
statement, that the victims of Hiroshima and Nagasaki have not been
included - compared with 1.2 billion, their number would be "negligible".
The comment on the non-inclusion of Gulf War veterans is so ridiculous,
when compared with the 1.2 billion and it is obvious that it is only
mentioned, in order to bring the words "Gulf War", as well as "Hiroshima"
and "Nagasaki" to the reader. She must have incredible and psychologically
well trained PR staff!!!

I stop, enough is enough.

Franz

Franz Schoenhofer
Habicherg. 31/7
A-1160 Vienna
Austria
Tel.: +43-1-495 53 08
Fax.: same number
mobile phone: +43-664-338 0 333
e-mail: schoenho@via.at

Office:
Ministerialrat Dr. Franz Schoenhofer
Federal Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry, Environment and Water Management
Radiation Protection Department (BMLFUW I/8 U)
Radetzkystr. 2
A-1031 Vienna
AUSTRIA

phone: -43-1-71172-4458