RE: Dominion's Nuclear Units Among the Lowest Cost U.S.

With respect to photovoltaics, we had some discussion some time ago as to
whether, on average, these things ever got back to zero net energy produced,
because of their large energy manufacturing costs and low energy production
rates when in use.  I recall estimates of energy pay-back periods of ten
years using pretty generous assumptions for performance.

I'm still waiting to see a comprehensive safety analysis for these
technologies.  My hunch is that, on a per-energy basis, they're about the
worst things out there.

Bruce Heinmiller CHP
heinmillerb@aecl.ca