RE: civil penalty for medical violation

Dear Bill,

I think you are not reading these responses thoroughly.  I don't believe
that anyone said that we should ignore those regs that don't make sense.

Carol said "one can reasonably wonder whether the leak test requirement
makes any sense".

Lew said "once we eliminate the nonsensical regs, a large percentage of the
work and the jobs will be gone"

Neither of them suggested simply ignoring regulations, and I did not suggest
this, either.  In fact, we all said, in slightly different ways, that many
of the regs we have to follow do nothing to promote worker or public health
or safety.

Andy

Andrew Karam, CHP              (716) 275-1473 (voice)
Radiation Safety Officer          (716) 275-3781 (office)
University of Rochester           (716) 256-0365 (fax)
601 Elmwood Ave. Box HPH   Rochester, NY  14642

Andrew_Karam@URMC.Rochester.edu
http://Intranet.urmc.rochester.edu/RadiationSafety