RE: Medical training war stories

If I have offered this one before, please accept my apologies.

I once was called by an RN, who worked in GI procedures. Her
endocrinologist had told her that it was possible that her occupational
radiation exposure was causative of (or, perhaps, contributory to) her
hypothyroidism. She typically received </= 30 mrem per quarter, to the
badge worn outside her Pb apron, at the collar.

I had a productive chat on the phone with her, and subsequently wrote her a
two-page memo about it. People like to have something that they can put
their hands on.

Keep the stories coming
cja
alstoncj@georgetown.edu