Teaching the Doc's

I attended an oncology lecture (basic training for medical students) on
radiation some years ago. The teacher was a physician who usually works with
cancer patients. The introduction was "the human body is basically like a
barrel of water where you deposit energy but if you involve the radiation
physics people it can become very complicated". The radiation biology was
also covered during that same hour and he got into what must have been the
half-complicated stuff (DNA and free radicals): "the sulfur bonds in DNA may
break...". This was not Hollywood or a Parliament - it was at a medical
school.

My reflection only,

Bjorn Cedervall    bcradsafers@hotmail.com
PS. I will not comment where this was because that would point directly at
the specific teacher (I hope he left  "radiation").